Relationship between Address, Contract, Binding and Behaviors is called Endpoint.
Each endpoint consists of four properties: Address, Contract, Binding and Behaviors
- Address (A)
- Defines where the service resides.
- Indicates where to find the endpoint.
- Binding (B)
- Defines how to communicate with the service.
- Specifies how a client can communicate with the endpoint.
- Specifies how the two parties will communicate in term of transport and encoding and protocols.
- Contract (C)
- Defines what the service does.
- Identifies the methods available.
- Its Interface between client and the server.It’s a simple interface with some attribute.
- Customizes the local behavior of the service endpoint.
- Participate in the process of building a WCF runtime.
- Specify a different listening address than the SOAP or Web Services Description Language (WSDL) address.